Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hula Hoops



Josie and I have been playing with hula hoops this past week. It is a good winter time activity since there isn't a lot of sweating involved! My main goal at first was to back her into a hoop and have her place her back feet in the hoop. Shouldn't be that hard, but it is amazing how they don't want to stick their feet in that hoop! The first few sessions, it took some patience and finagling to get her in there. After a few days in between the first two sessions though, it went remarkably more smoothly when we revisited it. I can now get her to put all four feet in two hula hoops, from about 25 feet away. I haven't been able to get her to back through the first hoop on the way to the second hoop yet. She ends up sort of next to the hoops with her back feet, and then we sideways those into the hoop. But we'll keep playing with it! I was even able to get her to do it at liberty yesterday, from about 15 feet away.

My next task will be to get her to sideways into the hoops, and I would also like to play with putting her back feet in the hoop and yielding her FQ around without having her back feet leave the hoop. We have also started playing with drawing at liberty--more specifically to have her come to me at the weave! I was inspired by a fellow Facebooker on this one... We have some elements to work out on this one, but it is a good goal to strive for! I was able to get some nice trot-to-me draws at liberty yesterday, which is good for my lazy RBI! I'll keep playing with the figure eight and weave patterns and eventually work those in at liberty. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment