Saturday, January 23, 2010

A new year

I am going to try to start blogging more regularly again. This winter is going by quickly, and I feel like spring is right around the corner....pretty soon it will be trail riding season again!

I met Kari out at the barn today. It was nice to have another day with our ponies. Both of our horses were quite full of it today! In a good way! We let them run free in the arena for a while at first, and Josie was kicking up her heels more than I have ever seen her do. That fat rear can really get off the ground when it wants to! We played on the ground for a bit, working on figure eights and putting hind feet in hoola hoops. She is getting more confident with that, but still has some hesitation about getting both feet in the hoop. It is interesting to me that keeping feet in the hoop is such a big thing. We have definitely made great strides with the last few sessions of trying it.

Then we rode bareback for a while. A nice warm task for a cold and dreary day! Josie was great--stayed at the mounting block like a good girl once I got on (unlike last time when she decided she should take off at the trot! whoops how interesting....let's try that again, honey!!!!!)

That's it for now. I plan to go back out again in the morning. Maybe I'll blog again then!

No comments:

Post a Comment