Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Another great day in Wisconsin!


Well, Josie and I had another great session tonight. It was a relatively short session, since there were lessons going on in the arena tonight. I started out by letting Josie and Vegas run loose in the arena. They have gotten in the habit of doing that this winter, so they knew the drill. All of a sudden, they got a right brain bug in their butts, and they started snorting and hauling ASS around the arena. And Josie has a BIG one ; ) The funny part was that they both wanted to be the leader, so at one end of the arena, Vegas would cut across the arena before reaching the end so that he ended up in front of Josie. Josie would return the favor by cutting the corner at the opposite end of the arena. It was pretty funny to watch their thought process as they serially outsmarted the other one. After everyone settled down, we played on line for a while and then I saddled up and rode. Josie is becoming very sensitive and responsive to my body. Her halts were amazing tonight--all I had to breathe out and she would come to a stop. Pretty cool!

Once I got home, I ordered a few essential horse items that I'll need for the trip down to Florida. I shouldn't be spending any more money right now, but I want to make sure that we have everything that we'll need down there! I am getting SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment